Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sun. Surf. Sand. Shells.

My friend, Stephanie, graciously opened her beach vacation home to me for a few days and I went on a "Mom getaway" and Her family moved from Maryland to Florida in the Spring and we've traditionally vacationed in Holden at the same time. The solitary drive from Maryland to North Carolina went more quickly than expected with the help of a few friends:
  • Cellphone bluetooth (chattering with people on my way)
  • IPOD podcasts/music (still haven't made my way through all 1,230 songs on my IPOD)
  • Starbucks drive-through (yummm...skim iced caramel macchiato with extra caramel which makes you wonder why I even get it skim just to add more sugar back in).
Back to the story...drove across the causeway onto Holden Beach by mid-afternoon and the view is always spectacular. Somehow, Joe, the boys and the dog sounded relaxed and encouraged me to stay "as long as I want". Once they see the pictures below, you can see why someone could be tempted to stay a long, long time.

Steph and I are helping each other with some digital tips like Creative Memories Storybook Plus and Stephanie showed me how to make my first blog post..this one.
Lolli and Stephanie

The Ferber Family (Evan, Steph, Jonah, Isabella, Bruce)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

we're SOOOO GLAD YOU'RE HERE WITH US!!!