Thursday, October 23, 2008

Typing and Typewriters

I saw this on my friend, Stephanie's blog...and, well, I couldn't resist given my background with typewriters.... I retook the test today with a full-size keyboard...much better typing speed
120 words

Typingtest

I originally learned on a manual typewriter with strikebars, upgraded to electric at business school (typewriters at a secretarial school have no letters on the keys--you have to know where the letters are). I worked as a high school intern at IBM as a secretary, have a nice two year executive secretarial degree (top of my class) and joined IBM as a secretary. Twenty six years later I'm in program management where I can type email and assign actions faster than anyone. When Adam was little he told me I "typed like a machine". Go ahead...try it out. Let me know your results. Footnote: Adam passed his driving test on October 7 and is now driving independently to work and other events.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

ok smarty pants...show off! that is REALLY fast!